Monday, December 1, 2008

A Separate Pace ch.10

12/1/08

"Fear seized my stomach like a cramp. I didn't care what i said to him now; It was myself i was worried about. For if Leper was psycho it was the army which had done it to him, and I and all of us were on the brink of the army"(114).

This quote is significant because here we see that the boys are realizing that the war is a bigger threat than they believed. After seeing Leper turned into a psycho, the war changes from this distant event that isn't really important to them, to this "Oh my God, this is crazy," sort of thing. This is the turning point of their view of war now that they realize what it has and can do.

How might society and the school react against the kids possibly not enlisting due to what it did to Leper?

No comments: