Thursday, October 1, 2009

proposal

Stephen Simmons
AP English 11/Mr. George
10/2/09
Proposal

I remember the first time you asked if I loved you, and I couldn’t reply. I’ve been rerunning that clip in my mind for the past months, analyzing every minute factor that night, the weather, atmosphere, my day prior to that night, and I couldn’t uncover my dilemma. As time passed, minutes felt like hours, and hours days, the sun turned to rain, and a smile, into a frown. My heart, chiseled into two, became nothing more than dead weight. Then one day in the park, I saw this couple, the guy had just come back from a funeral or something because I over heard them talking, and he was laughing. For a moment I was overcome with confusion and then I noticed, that they were holding hands, like we are now. Jane Doe, there aren’t words to describe the abundant amount of agony that I have gone through to find the answer to your question, I have torn my heart to pieces and scoured my brain for the right answer. What I didn’t realize is that it was in front of me the whole time. Jane Doe, when I am with you I become a person that I have never seen before. Life has become more to me than just life, it has become love. Every day we are together I discover something new about myself, but more importantly you. My life has become something more than just another song, but a symphony. I hear and feel music differently, taste food as I have never tasted it before. Because of you, my life has transformed into something incredible. I know it may sound as if I am speaking for me, but if I am then please deny this notion.
Jane Doe, I have met many people in my life, but none with as much beauty and grace as you. You are nice, sweet, gorgeous, and things that words don’t dare describe. You are an angel compared to myself and deserve much better than me. You could easily sweep any man off of his feet with your charm, self and beauty, but I promise you that no man will ever treat you and worship you the way I do. You know, some people say that opposites attract, so why not test it. I am a good person, I go to church every holiday and give money to homeless people every once and a while. I care for those that need caring and keep safe those that I do care for. I am not asking you to put my theories to the test for scientific purposes or for my own pleasure, but to never let go of my hand for when I am with you nothing else matters.
I am not going to tell you that I have always felt a strange attraction to you since the first time we met because that isn’t true. Love at first sight is but a saying. However love that grows and progresses over a period of time and flourishes is true. There is no simple way to express my affection to you but I love you. We have been together for quite some time now and this question has lingered in my mind for long enough. You are the one for me. If you chose to bless me with your hand in marriage I promise that I will never hurt you. That I will love you and cherish you for as long as I live. I know it will be hard and t hat we will have rough times and good times. However, I know that there is nothing we won’t be able to get by. No matter how hard I try to make this sound good, words cannot explain my feelings for you. I love you Jane Doe from the bottom of my heart…
Will you marry me?

No comments: