Monday, November 17, 2008

A Separate Peace ch.2-3

11/17/08

"There was no harm in envying your best friend a little"(25).

This quote relates back to our discussion on whether or not it is ok to envy your friend, even the slightest bit. This quote foreshadows that genes being envious of
Finny will blossom into a larger, more extreme issue.

"yes, he had practically saved my life. He had also practically lost it for me. I wouldn't have been on that damn limb except for him.I wouldn't have turned around, and so lost my balance, if he hadn't been there"(33).

As an opening quote i think this relates to this kind of love/hate relationship that Finny has with Gene. Sometimes Gene is in full agreement with Finny and are the best of friends, and sometimes Gene thinks of Finny as a plague, he effects whoever he touches.

How might Gene being envious of Finny ruin their relationship and status as best friends?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please put chapters on your quotes!